Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 13:27:23 -0700
From:      John Derk <johnderk@infomatch.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can't Boot BSD v2.2.1

Hi.  I'm a unix and bsd newbie. My system had been working fine until
recently, when I tried viewing my kernel file with "ed."  It looks like
I accidentally changed something.  Now, when I boot up, everything goes
normally until the appearance of the boot prompt.  Then the system
ceases to recognize the usual inputs (e.g., hitting enter).

Have also tried entering "kernel.old" at the boot prompt--but to no
avail.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
John Derk