Date:      Sun, 18 Oct 2009 19:16:41 -0400
From:      jhell <jhell@DataIX.net>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Make release process for 7.2-STABLE @ r198084

I have just been setting up a release cycle for making some iso's of my
own for a modified revision of the source that I am going to be using for
offline use and run into a repetitive copy that I am hoping someone could
shed some light on.

Output from a make release run. "Portion in question"
[...]
cd /usr/obj/RELENG/usr &&  cp -R -H /usr/src src
rm -rf /usr/obj/RELENG/usr/ports
cd /usr/obj/RELENG/usr && cp -R -H /usr/ports ports
# If there are distfiles downloaded removing them
rm -rf ports/distfiles/*
rm -rf /usr/obj/RELENG/usr/doc
cd /usr/obj/RELENG/usr && cp -R -H /usr/doc doc
if [ -d /usr/src/release/../../ports/distfiles/ ]; then  cp -rp
/usr/src/release/../../ports/distfiles
/usr/obj/RELENG/usr/ports/distfiles;  else  mkdir -p
/usr/obj/RELENG/usr/ports/distfiles;  fi

>From the above output and what happened my ports tree was copied over
along with the distfiles the first time cp was issued on the ports
directory. Then shortly after that it removes the copied distfiles and
issues the next command to copy the docs over. After it does a test for
../../ports/distfiles from the release directory which happens to be the
same directory it previously copied over and then removed and is now
issuing a command to copy over again?.

Is there a problem with the layout of directories from which I started
this process maybe?

Fault in the script for make release possibly ?

Did I miss some tunable for the make release ?

>From this setup for a make release everything is a default type of
structure/setup/layout for ports and source and doc from a install. If I
have to do this again I don't want to copy over 4+ GiB of distfiles twice.

Thanks.

--

  ;; dataix.net!jhell         2048R/89D8547E 2009-09-30
  ;; BSD since FreeBSD 4.2    Linux since Slackware 2.1