Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:09:20 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Sergey Zaharchenko <doublef@tele-kom.ru>, Dan MacMillan <flowers@users.sourceforge.net>, Graham North <graham.north@telus.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, tim@typhoon.techvalley.ca, robert@irrelevant.com, "Fong, Nicholas" <nfong@pigtail.net>
Subject:   Re: [going OT] Re: Pruning the Ports Tree

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 08:36:18AM +0400, Sergey Zaharchenko wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 08:32:49PM -0600,
>  Dan MacMillan probably wrote:
> > From: Sergey Zaharchenko at June 16, 2004 06:18

> > > However, this won't save you from picking up a worm which has forged =
its
> > > mail's `From' address to be matthew@cryptosphere.com, or any other
> > > address... so unless you change your OS and/or mailer to something mo=
re
> > > secure, it's still a good idea to stay alert.
> >=20
> > On the other hand, the fact that Matthew signs all his email means we a=
lways
> > know who to blame.  :)

More to the point, you know that if it's signed by my key, it's from
me, even if I do occasionally slip up and use the work e-mail address
when I should be using my personal one (Bad mutt! No biscuit!)
=20
> Sure --- but his signatures mean nothing to Graham as long as he uses
> Outlook, which was the original problem :)

Unless, of course he has visited http://www.pgpi.org/ and downloaded
one of the free Windows version of PGPi which includes a plugin for
Outlook:

    http://www.pgpi.org/cgi/download.cgi?filename=3DPGPFW658Win32.zip

Although it seems that PGP Corp have decided that the latest versions
of their software will only include the e-mail plugin in the pay-for
variant.  Dunno if that software will work with WinXP either.  But
thems the breaks when you use commercial OSes.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way