Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 1999 17:00:45 +0900
From:      Changhoon Kim <kimch@etri.re.kr>
To:        FreeBSD ATM <FreeBSD-ATM@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Digging for drivers which can support ForeRunnerLE25 !

Hello, folks !

I've been configuring ForeRunner-LE25 ATM NIC over FreeBSD 3.2-Release
machine nowadays.
So far, I could find some short mails mentioning this problem from
FreeBSD-ATM mailing-list's archive. According to the mails, IDT NICStAR
driver might be able to support ForeRunnerLE25. So, I got the driver via
WWW and patched my kernel and rebuilt.

But the problem is that, the driver seems not to be working all right.
ForeRunner card is detected as "idt0", but even though ilmid is runnig,
my machine can not acquire proper prefix of ATM address. Moreover, when
I attach network prefix to the card without using ilmid, continuous
kernel errors are occured and informed me. It seems like that the errors
are originated from signalling process's malfunction.

Any good ways to solve this problematic situation of IDT driver or
recommending a brand-new driver will be welcomed to me !
Or any other advices from one who have tried the similar process will be
good enough too !

Thanks a lot in advance.

Changhoon Kim

  Internet Technology Research Dept. Switching & Transmission Technology
Lab.
  Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute(ETRI)

  161 Kajong-dong, Yusong-gu, Taejon, 305-350, KOREA
  Tel: (Office) +82-42-860-5801, (Cell) +82-19-226-6305
  E-mail: kimch@etri.re.kr

* All Smiles, Everywhere and Everytime !