Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 16:12:49 -0500
From:      Raoul Schroeder <memphis_ms@gmx.net>
To:        SF <lists@stevenfettig.com>
Cc:        Freebsd-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Users for Daemons - not logging in - how?

SSHD allows to specify
AllowUsers
in the config file /etc/ssh/sshd_config

Everyone who is not in there cannot log on. If that option is not specified,
everyone is allowed to log on.

In my opinion though, a user who controls a daemon should have a star-ed out
password anyway...
If you do not want those users to be able to log on AT ALL, then give them
/sbin/nologin as a shell.
qmails /nonexistant is not 100% FreeBSD norm, IIRC.