Date:      Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:34:34 -0500
From:      AlanE <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        Fritz Heinrichmeyer <Fritz.Heinrichmeyer@FernUni-Hagen.de>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: phoenix port checksum error when using fetch, ok when using mozilla

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 03:46:06PM +0100, Fritz Heinrichmeyer wrote:
>Hello,
>
>today first i was able to reproduce the reported checksum error. Afterwards
>i loaded down the distribution with mozilla and the md5 checksum was OK.
>
>I use freebsd current. Could this be a bug in the fetch program?

No. Just bad timing. Fetch doesn't know whether the program it is
fetching is completed coming from wherever it is coming from; it must
make the assumption that it is.

This is one of the reasons I wish the distinfo files had (optional) size
information. However, I don't see that happening in the near future.
--
AlanE (Alan Eldridge), who likes fixing weird distributed systems bugs.
Unix/C(++) IT Pro for 20 yrs, desperately seeking employment in NYC.