Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 00:29:22 +0800
From:      "Sin Hang Kin" <kentsin@macau.ctm.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   disk space allocation

Dear sir,

I am new to freebsd. Recently, I install one for testing. I like it a lot, I
have install many things and update the system from time to time.

Now many of the filesystems were filled. the usr, var, as well as / were all
full from time to time.

I still got a lot spaces in /usr/local. So I start moving things around, run
make clean from time to time to save space. But  I think it is time to
re-allocate the space.

Before I did that, I would like to ask for the help on how to allocate
spaces? Are there any solution that keeping the current system by moving the
existing system to a new disk without reinstall everything? Are there new
development that can dynamically re-allocate the spaces?

Moreover, I would like to hear from you about trying out the new filesystem
available for freebsds. My system is not a production one, but a test-bed. I
love install and try new things.

I does not subscribe to the list yet. Please reply me directly.

Thank you!

Rgs,

Kent Sin