Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:41:01 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.freebsd.org>, Dallas De Atley <deatley@apple.com>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: __P macro question

In message <3C57BED2.E1144F41@mindspring.com>, Terry Lambert writes:

>You mean like when I compile "grep" and other command line tools
>on my Amiga using Manx Aztec C, a K&R compiler?
>
>Or when I use Watcom to take some FreeBSD code for a POS system
>to do the same thing for DR-DOS, because GCC won't run there
>because it can't be compiled to use overlays?

Terry,

Let me get this straight:  Those two examples above are pulled from
the set called "Terrys problems".

The set called "The FreeBSD projects problems" has emperically been
shown to not overlap "Terrys problems" to any significant degree.

Plenty of innocent electrons have been wasted in the last 10 years
trying to prove that that the set "Terrys problems", is the most
important subset of the set "The FreeBSD projects problems", but
so far no evidence has been found to support this claim.

In fact, considering the amount of evidence to the contrary, most
of the people involved tend to think that "Terrys problems" is
very descriptive of the reason those electrons were wasted.

Bugger off with your FUD will ya ?