Date:      Mon, 8 Dec 1997 14:31:33 +0200 (EET)
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   help: divert sockets question

Hi, Hackers!

I'm in process of writing a small `iptunnel' program
which lets me tunnel IP traffic thru UDP.

My program uses two sockets: UDP and divert.

It reads IP-packet from divert socket and
sends it to the remote machine thru UDP.
Remote machine then reads it from UDP and
reinjects the IP-packet by writing it to the
divert socket.

And vice versa.

It works greatly!

Problem:

I want to reinject received thru UDP IP-packet
as incoming. `man ipdivert' says that I should
use sendto() syscall with a destination address
equal to IP address of some my local interface.

I did it and it doesn't works.

It seems to me like a kernel is just dropping such a packet.
But no error returned from sendto(), no packets travel
thru the firewall.

Can anyone point me a way to write packet as incoming?
Should I change some IP-packet fields?

TIA,
--
Ruslan A. Ermilov	System Administrator