Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 1995 00:10:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      alex wetmore <alex@phred.org>
To:        gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU (Justin T. Gibbs)
Cc:        kelly@fsl.noaa.gov, aw2t+@andrew.cmu.edu, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, bugs@ns1.win.net, gary@palmer.demon.co.uk, hackers@FreeBSD.org, tom@haven.uniserve.com
Subject:   Re: 4 gig st15150n disk setups

> >Oh no ... another Microsoft alum.
> >
> >I must admit: I do miss the free drinks: all the Mountain Dew you
> >could keep down!
>
> I was into the tejava myself, but no one mentioned the free T-shirts.
> I got 5 during a 3 month internship!  Although I can name 15 or 16
> really bad things about Microsoft's OS strategy, I will say that
> Powerpoint had some really nice code in it.  They did a full re-write
> for 5.0.  I think it might be their only app that doesn't contain
> legacy code.

Wow, I was an intern last summer too (assuming that you were, since
PowerPoint 5 isn't out yet).  Anyway, I really miss Seattle in general,
there are a lot of great diversions there for outdoorsy types (which I
generally think I am).  Can't wait to get back this summer, and hopefully
for fulltime once I graduate.

I'd rather see Windows 95 go away, but NT has some nice design behind
it.  I work on Real-Time Mach here (CMU) though (and it was the first
OS I worked on besides 386bsd hacking) so maybe I'm just a microkernel
bigot.

alex