Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 1998 14:54:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kevin Crossway <crossway@fang.cs.sunyit.edu>
To:        Andrew_Werner/SSW/Lotus@lotus.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: remote root console

Hi
Did you try editing the /etc/ttys file.
Like this!

ttyp0   none                    network secure
ttyp1   none                    network secure
ttyp2   none                    network secure

put "secure" at the end of terms line and you will be able to login as
root from a remote computer without having to su.
Kevin
"Le silence 'eternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraye"
							Blaise Pascal