Date:      Sat, 11 Jul 2009 10:51:30 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linuxolator proc/cpuinfo

--b5gNqxB1S1yM7hjW

I've recently noticed that the 'flags' output from cpuinfo is
incomplete.  As an example, my Atom N270 reports:
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca =
cmov pat b19 b21 mmxext mmx fxsr xmm sse2 b27 b28 b29 3dnow

Whereas dmesg reports:
  Features=3D0xbfe9fbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PG=
E,MCA,CMOV,PAT,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE>
  Features2=3D0x40c39d<SSE3,DTES64,MON,DS_CPL,EST,TM2,SSSE3,xTPR,PDCM,<b22>>
  AMD Features2=3D0x1<LAHF>

Is there a particular reason why the flags output isn't complete?

As an example, I recently tried to run a binary Sage package
(www.sagemath.org) in FreeBSD -current.  During startup, it verifies
that the target CPU supports the instructions used and, on my Atom,
complained that 'ssse3', 'pni' and 'sse' are missing - whilst they
are missing from cpuinfo flags, they are present in the Atom.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--b5gNqxB1S1yM7hjW

--b5gNqxB1S1yM7hjW--