Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:02:24 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Kaming <kaming@team.outblaze.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD top

In the last episode (Mar 13), Kaming said:
> Do anyone know about the status of top in FreeBSD? for example, what
> are the meaning for status 'ffsfsn', 'wdrain', 'biord'? If anyone
> know about that or know where I can find the information, would you
> mind to tell me about that.

Those are sleep points in the kernel.  They're not really documented.
You can find out where in the kernel they're called by grepping for
that name in /usr/src/sys.  "ffsfsn", for example, is used in
ffs_fsync(), so when you see that in top, it's probably because a
program tried to fsync() a file.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com