Date:      Sat, 11 Dec 1999 20:04:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
To:        Tim Preece <tim@actcom.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: trying to become current

On 12-Dec-99 Tim Preece wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to get to current from 3.3-Release and I have just sent a
> message to questions concerning this, however I have just seen a message
> from Adam Wight ....
>
> make world broken by choose-temp.c
>
> .... and this is my problem
>
> Please how do I get around this
>
> ps sorry if this is the wrong place for this mail

Please use -STABLE instead. -CURRENT is only for:

        a) developers.
        b) people who need a certain driver / piece of software only available
           in -CURRENT.
        c) testers (with a large amount of experience with FreeBSD).

..and all of the above must accept any consequences as a result of using
-CURRENT. They all must be subscribed to this mailing list and actually read
it, et cetera.

You can cvsup to -STABLE using the stable-supfile. -CURRENT is not "supported"
by Walnut Creek, or the FreeBSD Project, for that matter.

You use -CURRENT at your own risk.

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>