Date:      Thu, 9 Feb 2006 11:05:54 -0500
From:      Simon Chang <simonychang@gmail.com>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Regarding QuickCam webcams and FreeBSD

Ted,

First of all, I am a fan of your FreeBSD and the Corporate Networking
Guide.  You have done an excellent job writing that book and I often
refer to it for suggestions on specific topics.

Regarding self-contained webcams, I realize that these gizmos are out
there.  But so far none of them have the two criteria I am looking
for:

1)  Wireless connectivity (802.11g preferred), and
2)  VPN / IPsec capable.

The reason is that I want to be able to move the camera at a moment's
notice, and I don't want the images of my bedroom / study / backyard
to be broadcast in the clear.  However, I have not seen any webcam
that has those two capabilities, so that's why I am trying to get them
to work with Free and OpenBSD.

SC