Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 2003 01:49:08 -0700
From:      WillyB <willyb1964n@netscape.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   natd port forwarding acting wierd

Hi

I finally got natd and ipforwading set up but have a slight problem I
don't understand.

The IP forwarding works from the internet, through the cable modem and
through the freeBSD router I set up for my internal network, to a www
server on the private lan.

I can't connect to my server however from my local net using the ip of
the external net.

I was asking some folks I know for help.. when they told me what the
page had on it... so it was working for them on their systems from
various places around the country.. but still gives me a connection
refused when going from a local machine.

I gave them the ip my ISP gives me.. and it worked.. I try the same IP
and it doesn't work from my 192.168.0.* box, which by the way is the
same box with the www server on it I am trying to connect to.
( I can connect to it using the local ip and machine name, but that's
not the point )  ;)

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks in advance. :)

WillyB