Date:      Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:39:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      manish jain <goodredhat@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with fsck

Hi,

I recently persuaded my organisation to shift our main
server from Linux to FreeBSD 6.0. We are now facing a
problem with fsck. After improper shutdown, we need
fsck to run automatically and non-interactively in the
foreground upon restart. Enabling background fsck lets
the system come up but fails to properly start a few
network services. With background fsck disabled, what
would be the best way to automatically run 'fsck -fy'
for each of the partitions upon restart after an
improper shutdown ? Would it be okay to add the
corresponding fsck lines somewhere at the top of
/etc/rc ?

Thanks for any help.

Manish Jain
goodredhat@yahoo.com