Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:42:58 +0000
From:      Frank Staals <f.staals@zonnet.nl>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: what can i delete from /usr

goose bla wrote:

>hello,,
>
>please. i have not big hdd,, and i need to make free place. what can i
>remove from /usr  and system will be OK ?
>
>example:
>
>/usr/ports/distfiles/   - i can remove all files.
>
>in /usr/ports i can do
>rm -rf \*/work/

I bet you install your ports by doing a 'make install', if you do, you
can probably better make an 'make install distclean' with the distclean
option turned on, it automatically removes the ~/work/ directory's and
the distfiles in /usr/ports/distfiles/. If you want to keep your
distfiles you can just do 'make install distclean'