Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:58:24 +0100 (BST)
From:      Cliff Rowley <dozprompt@onsea.com>
To:        thursday@altavista.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: promiscuous mode

Have you run anything like tcpdump?  ethereal?  Promiscous mode isnt a
"bad thing", it just means that it is in a state that allows the packets
that it receives/sends to be 'viewed' by a privellaged user (i.e. root).

Cliff Rowley

| dozprompt@onsea.com | cliff@olive.co.uk   |
| cr@4site-media.com  | cr@soccergen.com    |
| cr@easyphp.net      | cr@beatreatreat.com |