Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:43:09 +0100
From:      Thomas Moestl <tmoestl@gmx.net>
To:        Jason <jason@tcpipbitch.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: psm not working on  Toshiba 1905-s301 and 5.0 Release

On Fri, 2003/01/31 at 10:00:28 -0500, Jason wrote:
> I searched the archives, found a few similair problems, and possible
> resolutions, but none have worked for me.
>
> In windows, it is shown as an Alps Glidepoint on irq12, however fbsd
> refuses to find it.
>
> The device.hints file shows the correct info.  I ran acpidump, but was not
> quite sure what to look for.  (In one of the posts involving a sony with
> similair problems, someone said to check for MOUE <which I suspect they
> meant MOUSE> to get the ID to modify psm.c, but neither exist in acpidump
> results)
>
> Any ideas?

I have a Satellite 1110, ignoring port errors gets the glidepoint
detection to work. To do this, add

	  hint.psm.0.flags="0x1000"

(or-ed with any other flags you might want) to your device.hints.

On my notebook, that is not the only quirk this glidepoint has: it
completely stops sending interrupts as soon as you stop to move the
cursor for a bit. I have found no other solution to this problem but
to poll the glidepoint - this as the obvious disadvantage of
using up some CPU time (< 0.5%), making the mouse movement feel a bit
jittery and occasionally missing some very fast klicks. Since I do not
use the glidepoint overly much, I can live with that.
If your notebook has that problem too, I can supply a patch.

	- Thomas

--
Thomas Moestl <tmoestl@gmx.net>	http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0015675/
              <tmm@FreeBSD.org>	http://people.FreeBSD.org/~tmm/