Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 2003 20:27:32 +0200
From:      Massimiliano Stucchi <max@willystudios.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Forensics CD Toolkit for FreeBSD

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 09:20:45 -0600
Joe Warner <rootman22@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to build a toolkit CD specifically for conducting
> forensics on FreeBSD.  I'm not talking about a bootable
> CD but rather one that I could pop into a CD ROM drive
> and run trusted commands like ps, netstat, ls, etc., from.

I'd suggest using FreeSBIE. It's a set of scripts to let you create a
complete FreeBSD to be put on CD and you can include all the programs
you want, right from your pkg_info. Go to www.freesbie.org org cd to
/usr/ports/sysutils/freesbie/ and make install.

If you want more help about it, just send me a private e-mail. I'm a doc
writer for the project.

--

Stucchi Massimiliano     | Gruppo Utenti FreeBSD Italia
WillyStudios.com         | http://www.gufi.org