Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2013 04:22:15 +0100
From:      John <freebsd-lists@potato.growveg.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd 9.2 via svn

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 04:17:02AM +0200, Polytropon wrote:

> 9.2-RELEASE hasn't been released yet. :-)

well yes, there is that I suppose ;)

> If you don't use a custom kernel, why not use freebsd-update
> and follow the 9.2-RELEASE path with the security updates?

Not sure if this is logic or "religon", but freebsd-update makes me
nervous. I'm allergic to automatic anything unless I've written it. The only
times I've run generic is when installing a new system, to see what I
need and what I don't. Maybe I'm just old.

thanks for the input,
--
John