Date:      Fri, 6 Nov 1998 23:57:07 +0100 (CET)
From:      Ronald Kuehn <rk@merlin.rz.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ASUS P5A and P2B-LS Info

In freebsd-questions you write:

> We're about to upgrade a bunch of our servers to ATX, and I'm
> considering the Asus P5A and P2B-LS as candidate motherboards.
> I'd appreciate any comments from folks running either of these boards,
> or anyone who specifically chose not to run them.

> In the case of the P2B specifically, is the onboard SCSI controller
> supported (Adaptec 7890) under 2.2.7? (3.0?)

Hello,

I have the P2B-LS with 128MB ECC RAM, 400MHz PII in my box and I
must say I like it.  Since the 7890 is only supported with CAM,
you need either 3.0 or one of the 2.2-CAM snapshots. I use
3.0-current here.  Everything works well (all onboard components
including the intel EtherExpress).

Bye,
  Ronald
--
* The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.