Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2014 23:16:03 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ren=E9_Ladan?= <rene@freebsd.org>
To:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [CFT] switch default version of xorg on 10-STABLE

On 03/15/2014 13:01, Niclas Zeising wrote:
> This mail is cross-posted across several mailing lists.  Please respect
> reply-to!
>
> It is time to switch FreeBSD 10-stable over to the new xorg
> distribution.  The patch at [1] will do just that, for FreeBSD 10
> versions after vt(9) was merged.  It also contains fixes for
> USES=libtool, some minor updates and some shlib version bumps.  Please
> test it and report successes or failures to us on x11@freebsd.org

Succes up to now (mplayer, Google Earth, xfce4) on my Nvidia-based
(GeForce GT 240M) laptop:
FreeBSD acer 10.0-STABLE FreeBSD 10.0-STABLE #0 r263582: Sat Mar 22
03:42:20 CET 2014
rene@acer:/usr/obj/usr/home/rene/freebsd/stable-10/sys/GENERIC  amd64

using x11/nvidia-driver 331.49 with the LINUX option on (default).

Haven't tested games or HDMI yet.

> Apply it using svn patch (I don't think regular patch will work) and
> rebuild all ports to test it.

It mostly works with portsnap too ;)

Regards,
René