Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 2020 20:27:59 +0000
From:      Michael Howard <sniffer@dewberryfields.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   =?UTF-8?Q?UK_Currency_Key_=28=c2=a3=29?=

Hi All,

Just installed FreeBSD.

The problem is I don't seem able to get the UK currency key (£) to
display. No X installed at this point.

During the install when I selected the UK layout, testing said layout
didn't produce any output either.

The £ sign displays on all other OS I use (with the UK keyboard layout),
with the same keyboard (through USB KVM) so I know its good. UK layout
is configured and all other keys seem to work, i.e the ones that can
give trouble like | @ " $  #  ~

Dr Google brings up numerous but very old issues, without solutions.
Anybody come across this and know the answer?

Mike