Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:55:15 -0800
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        Daniel Eischen <deischen@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firefox stuck in kserel

On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 09:20:47AM -0500, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, Steve Kargl wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 07:15:41PM -0500, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> > >
> > > Make sure you don't have any libm.so.2/libm.so.3 problems
> > > (use libmap.conf or rebuild firefox and its dependencies).
> > >
> > > You can try the patch at:
> > >
> > >   http://people.freebsd.org/~deischen/kse/libpthread.diffs
> > >

> > I rebuilt firefox 2 hours ago, but did not map libm.so.2
> > to libm.so.3.  Perhaps, one of the plugins needs libmap.conf.
> > Just tried libmap.conf.  No change.  I'll rebuild all
> > dependencies and try your diff.  Thanks.
>
> I've had a lot of problems with mozilla crashing until I added:
>
> libm.so.2                       libm.so.3
> libreadline.so.4                libreadline.so.5
> libhistory.so.4                 libhistory.so.5
> libopie.so.2                    libopie.so.3
> libpcap.so.2                    libpcap.so.3
>
> to libmap.conf.  I haven't rebuilt mozilla or any of the flash
> plugins/other dependencies, so that was expected I guess.
> I've got a fresh build of firefox, mozilla, and other ports
> at work.  I'll try espn.com tomorrow or later this week.

Well, I've narrowed the problem down.  I deleted /lib/libm.so.2
and removed *all* installed ports.  Then, I started re-installing
the ports I use regularly.  firefox works with espn.com if I
do not install linuxpluginwrapper and linux-flashplugin6.  Once
I install these two ports, firefox will hang in kserel.  Note,
www.zappa.com, which uses flash-6, works.

I'll try your patch in a few minutes.

--
Steve