Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2003 04:50:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Manas <bhatt_manas@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   a question on threads

hi,
  I wrote a threaded program and ran it. When i did
top , i saw a numbers of instances of the same program
running with different pids. Since a thread exist in a
process, therefore there should have been only one
instance of the process not many. I want to know how
freeBSD implements pthreads and would it be advantages
to use threads in freeBSD as compare to forking
multiple instances.
thanks
manas