Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:24:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Schroebel <mschroebel@yahoo.com>
To:        jason@borderpatrolclan.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, php-general@lists.php.net

>I'm trying to send mail using a PHP script, with PHP
running on a FreeBSD/Apache
>server. I can send mail successfully, but the user
shows up as "Unprivileged user."

I just spent a heck of a lot of time on this same
issue.  It worked fine on one site on the freeBSD box,
but not on another on the same box.  After pulling my
hair out I found that I had mistakenly added newlines
to the subject line.  Removing those solved the mystery.