Date:      Thu, 25 May 2006 14:50:54 +0300
From:      andreas Sotirakopoulos <menwn@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Greek Accents and Filenames

HI
I have a problem writing Greek accents in KDE. I am using KDE 3.5 on freebsd
6.1 and although i can type Greek in all applications i cannot put accents.
Accents are placed by hitting the ";" before the letter. When i do so though
nothing happen, in fact even the letter is not appearing on the screen.  I
have tried typing export LC_CTYPE=el_GR on the console and rebooting but then
when i type locale i get:

 LANG=
LC_CTYPE="C"
LC_COLLATE="C"
LC_TIME="C"
LC_NUMERIC="C"
LC_MONETARY="C"
LC_MESSAGES="C"
LC_ALL=

Moreover although i can read greek on konqueror and opera i cannot do so on
Kwrite  or i cannot read greek filenames on the desktop, eventhough ei can
give greek names on files whithout accents ofcourse.

any help would be very apreciated
Thanks
Andreas