Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 2004 19:43:56 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Marc LeMaire <krockmitaine@sympatico.ca>
Subject:   Re: Trouble compiling expat [Solved ] but....

On Wednesday 17 March 2004 07:07 pm, Marc LeMaire wrote:
> Marc LeMaire wrote:
> > Matthew Seaman wrote:

> >> memmove(3) certainly should be available on FreeBSD.  Sounds like
> >> your make world didn't go entirely smoothly.  Try cvsup'ing the
> >> latest RELENG_4 sources and build the world again.  Don't use any
> >> '-j' flags for parallel build, use the default CPUTYPE and CFLAGS
> >> settings in /etc/make.conf and if the make process reports an
> >> error, don't try and restart the build, but investigate and try
> >> and solve whatever it was that went wrong.  Ask again here if you
> >> get stuck, and include a good chunk of the make output including
> >> from where any error first shows up to the end.
> >>
> >>     Cheers,
> >>
> >>     Matthew
> >
> > I've re-installed the whole 4.9 stable shebang, up to and including
> > mergemaster.
> > Expat2 compiled but now it's libiconv1.9.1_3 that is the
> > troublemaker
> >
> > DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c ./relocatable.c -fPIC -o .libs/relocatable.lo
> > ./relocatable.c: in function 'libconv_relocate':
> > ./relocatable.c:392: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
> > once ./relocatable.c:392: for each function it appear in.)
> > ***Error code 1
> >
> > :-(
> >
> > I've never had these problems when doing a clean install of FBSD

Ah, but you didn't do a clean install. You cvsup'ed ports-all and jumped
into a massive update of expat and now freetype2.

If you haven't cvsuped ports-all, the easy out on expat is portupgrade
-rf expat.

The header files for freetype2 no longer exist as freetype.h and it also
needs a -rf update.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart