Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 08:44:09 -0800
From:      "Jeremiah Gowdy" <jgowdy@home.com>
To:        "Mike Smith" <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <emulation@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: DOS Emulation KLD

> > Thanks for the information.  I have alot of DOS programming experience,
and
> > although little BSD programming experience, I have read quite a bit and
> > attended a 4.x KLD authoring conference at ToorCon.  Since I understand
low
> > level DOS implementation (I've worked with the FreeDOS project too), I'm
> > taking a look at doscmd and I'm going to try to contribute to this
project.

> Cool!  Careful though, or you'll end up as its maintainer. 8)

That wouldn't bother me a bit.  :)  I've been trying to bring my BSD
programming skills up to par so I can contribute to the project, but haven't
yet found an area in which I would really be of use.  However, as I said,
DOS programming is something I excel at, having been programming in DOS
since I was 11 years old.  Once I knock off this stupid Borland Builder NTP
project for my boss, I'm going to contact the current maintainers.

> I'm glad to hear that.  For better or worse, I spent quite a bit of time
> working on doscmd some years back, and I might be able to help you if you
> get stuck.  I can certainly dig out a few of the ideas that I thought
> ought to be implemented, if you find yourself looking for new things to
> add. 8)

Cool.  Go ahead and give me any improvement ideas, and if they're within my
capabilities, I'll implement them.

Thanks again.