Date:      Sat, 25 Feb 2012 18:54:43 -0500
From:      "Bender, Chris" <chris_bender@cellularatsea.com>
To:        "Bernt Hansson" <bah@bananmonarki.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Jon Radel <jon@radel.com>
Subject:   RE: Email issues, relay failure, perhaps Jails is causing it.

Hi Brent

Yes the system we are calling X, is jailed by another system.=20

Here is the jailer system:

zs1#  netstat -aptcp | grep smtp
tcp4       0      0 tools2.smtp            10.156.31.20.45081
SYN_RCVD
tcp4       0      0 tools2.smtp            *.*                    LISTEN
tcp4       0      0 rt3.smtp               *.*                    LISTEN
tcp4       0      0 npims.smtp             *.*                    LISTEN
tcp4       0      0 wiki.smtp              *.*                    LISTEN
tcp4       0      0 localhost.smtp         *.*                    LISTEN

I see smtp running on several systems it has jailed including system X.
I see above a smtp conversation between system X and 10.156.31.20.
But that is never delivered from what I have seen. I am not sure about
the queues
Or how to see in postfix what exactly is happening?

I think a lot of this stopped working after we rebooted the jailer
system. Jails really should have no affect on
This it is a virtual machine essentially, at least that is my thoughts.

What happen to your thought that snmp needs to run as a non mailer
system?

Thanks

regards