Date:      Thu, 31 Dec 1998 13:32:51 +0100
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@Sisis.de>
To:        gmarco@giovannelli.it
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Nokia 6110 & Libretto

On Tue, Dec 29, 1998 at 07:18:33PM +0100, Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:

> I have bought a Nokia 6110 gsm phone. It has an IR port and a modem (??)
> inside ...
>
> May I use it with Libretto 50 CT IR port ? And if yes please tell me how ...
>
> With Libretto I usually use an Nokia 8110, with a PCMCIA modem card
> Digicom Twin Palladio (both gsm and normal) which work like a charm.
>
> Can I now connect on the net without the use of the pcmcia card and of the
> cable ?
> Or the soft_modem recently wiped from current was used for this ?

Assuming you want to use your Nokia mobile with FreeBSD...

There is a project "Nokia 3810/3110/8110 Linux Driver/Tools"
(see http://www.vsb.com.au/personal/hugh/3810/) and I'm in
contact with the folks to see what could be done for FreeBSD.

BTW: The GSM mobile Bosch 908 comes along with a build-in modem
and you can simply talk with AT-commands as specified in spec GSM 07.07.
Bosch is kind enough to send me a test device and I will try this
with my notebook running FreeBSD. At the moment they have no RS-232
cables here in Germany for it :-((

	matthias
--
firm: matthias.apitz@sisis.de [voc:+49 89 61308 351, fax: +49 89 61308 188]
priv: guru@thias.muc.de

Use UNIX if you only want to re-boot for adding new hardware.