Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2007 20:43:42 +0200
From:      Bram Schoenmakers <bramschoenmakers@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Nikos Vassiliadis <nvass@teledomenet.gr>
Subject:   Re: Problem with dump over SSH: Operation timed out

Op vrijdag 10 augustus 2007, schreef Nikos Vassiliadis:

Hi,

Some more info:

> But, if a router in the path
> is filtering all ICMP traffic then the problem will remain.

No most probably not. I live a few 100m from the office, having the same type
of internet connection and the same provider. The traceroute from the client
to office/my house is identical until the last but one hop. And I just
succeeded to dump it to my own computer (running Gentoo Linux, I think the
same modem, and a pretty default router in between).

So either the cable modem or the server (running IPF) at the office is the
culprit then.

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers

What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind.
(Punch, 1855)