Date:      Thu, 6 Nov 2003 17:48:19 +1030
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jason Watkins <jpwatkins@firstam.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Periodic Daily Crash

--vIq7vvlOcsOjFaxi

On Wednesday,  5 November 2003 at 10:18:33 -0800, Jason Watkins wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've got a machine that's crashed now twice in a row around 3 am. I'm
> assuming this is being triggered by something periodic daily is running.
>
> I'm only remote access to it, so right now I'm waiting for someone to reboot
> it so I can get back in... what should I look through to identify the
> problem?

Interestingly, I'm looking at a bug which could be triggered by the
cron jobs that run at this time of day.  It would be interesting to
see if your problem is related.  For this kind of problem we need a
processor dump and a kernel built with debugging symbols.  See the
handbook for more details.  If you get a dump, please save it and
contact me, offline if necessary.

Greg

--vIq7vvlOcsOjFaxi

--vIq7vvlOcsOjFaxi--