Date:      Wed, 21 May 2003 17:31:42 -0400
From:      "Jesse D. Guardiani" <jesse@wingnet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Logitech MX700 Cordless under FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE

Howdy list,

I'm having trouble with this mouse under FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE.
If I attach the mouse and then boot FreeBSD, it works great, but
if I disconnect the mouse while FreeBSD is running, moused fails
to notice that the mouse is gone and keeps running.

In addition, reconnecting the mouse fails to, well, reconnect
the mouse.

kill -HUP on the moused process doesn't work either.

Usually, (like, under crappy Windows XP), I just connect the
mouse and press the "connect" button on the mouse's base station.
A little green light will blip, signifying that the base station
is ready to rock, then I press connect on the mouse and it works.

Under FreeBSD, pressing "connect" doesn't display the little green
light. Is it possible that the base station isn't getting power?

I did NOT use special logitech drivers under windows XP. I just
used the standard USB mouse driver (actually, I didn't have to
install anything, so I guess that means it was the standard
driver.)

Any ideas?
Thanks.

--