Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2018 12:00:28 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hello...

On Wed, 15 Aug 2018 14:30:22 -0400
Alejandro Imass <aimass@yabarana.com> wrote:
> Nobody is religious about top posting anymore

This is not true at all. A fair number of older sysadm ... er IT people
are quite religious about this practice. Perhaps the lack of
observable religion in your case stems from the idea that older people
tend to refrain from witnessing their religion more often than younger
ones?

Neither methodology appears more "correct" to me. Top posting
gets to the reply quicker, but bottom posting preserves the
conversation flow in what is considered by some to be a logical manner.

The real problem here is the religion of it, not the posting habits or
preferences themselves.

> get over it it's almost 2020

Your implied assertion that "newer is always better" is a fallacy.

You'll also note that I try to address my comments to the phrase you
typed that is relevant. This is the real benefit to quoting someone
else: making sure your replies are in context.
--
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

It is no accident that those cultures which most
strongly and often affirm the value and individuality
of people are the ones which do the most towards
automatizing people.