Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 1996 11:24:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        HANAI Hiroyuki <hanai@astec.co.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>, doc-jp@jp.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: On Japanese version of Handbook.

On Fri, 1 Nov 1996, HANAI Hiroyuki wrote:

> We've discussed about the directory structure and now propose
> the following:
>
>    linuxdoc files --- /usr/src/share/doc/ja_JP.EUC/handbook/
>    HTML files     --- /usr/share/doc/ja_JP.EUC/handbook/

There was talk about generating JIS instead of EUC for HTML in
which case ja_JP.EUC isn't technically correct for the
installation directory.  Thoughts?  How does the JIS/EUC encoding
choice play out for people using Lynx?

Also, there should be a selection mechanism for what languages to
build/install.  Should english always be installed?  Should all
languages installed or only those matching the LANG variable?
What are the implications for building and packaging releases?
(Yo! Jordan!)

Aside from that, I have no problem with this arrangement.

-john

== http://fallout.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ================