Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 2000 06:14:44 +0400
From:      Igor Roboul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        "'FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: How to Tell FBSD to Use Proxy Server - STILL STUCK

On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 11:54:34AM -0700, Tomlinson, Drew wrote:
> think I'm supposed to use 'setenv'.  Is this correct?  After setting the
Yes
> services on the Win 2K machine are set to the normal ports.  Other Windows
> machines on my network can use the proxy without problems so I am sure it's
> the FreeBSD machine that is not configured correctly.
Ok, this is not so easy :-( You need read Wingate manual (I think) for help.
I don't know how to do this. Because I don't have any Windows PCs with
direct access to Internet (and never will have).

PS.
Or better, give BSD direct access to Internet and let it be proxy for Windows
machines. This is optimal. But this is, of course, your decision.

--
Igor Roboul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia