Date:      Wed, 05 Sep 2001 10:41:36 -0400
From:      "Mark Woodson" <MWoodson@mail.bacxs.com>
To:        "ann kok" <annkok2001@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: anti-aliasing

> I heard this term  'anti-aliasing' many times
> What is this meaning?
> Could you explain to me?

This really isn't a FreeBSD related question, but...

Anti-aliasing (the simplest easiest to understand way I can think of
putting it anyway) comes down to slightly blurring the sharp edges of an
object in an image so that they appear smooth.  It's a graphics term.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask me off the list and I'll
provide a more detailed definition with examples.

-Mark