Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:43:30 -0500
From:      Clint Gilders <techservices@onlinehobbyist.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   starting ndis0 at boot

I just installed FreeBSD-CURRENT (cvsupped today) on my Acer Travelmate
800XCi (had to upgrade from 4.9 since 5.* CDs won't boot).

I have gotten the Project Evil Drivers to work with the Intel 2100 wlan
card in the laptop. I'm not sure how to PROPERLY enable this card on
bootup.   I say PROPERLY because I have it working, but I don't know if
I've made it way more difficult than it needs to be. I'm new to CURRENT
and to running FREEBSD on a laptop.

What I've done:

/boot/loader.conf:
ndis_load="YES"
if_ndis_load="YES"

/etc/rc.conf:
ifconfig_ndis0="DHCP"

/etc/dhclient.conf
interface "ndis0" {
	media "ssid MySSID"
}

Is this correct? Is there a different way that this should be done?

Thanks
--
Clint Gilders <techservices@onlinehobbyist.com>
Director of Technology Services