Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:06:44 +0300
From:      "V.Chukharev" <chukharev@mail.ru>
To:        "V.Chukharev" <chukharev@mail.ru>, "Kris Kennaway" <kris@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Dirk Meyer <dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mk/bsd.openssl.mk optimization

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 18:28:26 +0300, V.Chukharev <chukharev@mail.ru> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 20:19:42 +0300, Kris Kennaway <kris@freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> You don't want to .include the file, just use the same make -f trick
>> that I used for e.g. the python and java variable caching.
>
> Ah, thanks, I think I got it now. Please, review.

[patch deleted]

> I also tried to make only one sweep over /var/db/pkg, but with uncommented
> 'OPENSSL_INSTALLED+=' line (and corresponding '.if !defined' in bsd.openssl.mk)
> INDEX-7 was different. I could not trace down the reason.

I have found why there is a difference in INDEX-7 generated with and without caching.
Without cache security/p5-openxpki* (6 connected ports) are indexed as depending on
both openssl-0.9.8h_1 and openssl-beta-0.9.8h_1 (beta is not actually installed),
while with cache the second dependence is lost. This is due to WITH_OPENSSL_BETA
defined in security/p5-openxpki/Makefile (master for other slave ports).

So, Dirk, you are right, cashing breaks current behavior.

But now I wonder if the current behavior is correct and if security/p5-openxpki is
correct. IMHO at least one of the two dependences is in err.

--
V. Chukharev