Date:      Thu, 5 Mar 1998 09:32:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.tera.com>
To:        witr@rwwa.com (Robert Withrow)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Request for next release

According to Robert Withrow:
> If the next CDROM release of -stable is intended to be a 4 CD monster,
> would it be possible for the insert to give detailed instructions
> and information to dummies like me about what exactly each of the
> CD's are used for?
>
> I mean, I got to understand the "live file system" CD back in the
> good old 2 CD days.  And I always enjoy the challenge of finding
> (or not finding) the unpacked source distribution. But when the
> 2.2.5 release came out I did't have a clue about what to do with
> my 4 CD riches...
>
> ;-)

	I'll second this.  I installed 2.1.5 to my new 6x86 box
	no problem.  Except for X.  With my new 2.2.5 (very stable)
	after perhaps 6 hours and as many retries, zip.

	X fails.  I can't find the VGA-16 driver.  The release
	fails to boot in any fashion, although this may be a BIOS
	config problem.

	Debian was almost pushbutton on my 0th and 2nd SCSI; so
	X does work with my Matrox vcard.

	This is my 3rd CD set.  Should be the simplest, but isn't.

	If there are any FBSD gurus in the Seattle area willing
	to help out, I'll buy ya a beer.  In fact an entire case!

	gary kline
	kline@tera.com
	kline@thought.org