Date:      09 Dec 2002 14:43:28 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: evolution editor

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 14:32, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> How do I coerce evolution into using a decent editor in its composer?
> Eg, I'd like it to bring up $EDITOR rather than the windozy thing it
> defaults too.

You need to have an editor with a bonobo control.  Currently, the only
alternate editor I know of for Evo is a Vim control:

http://www.gnome.org/softwaremap/projects/gnome-vim/

> I'm currently using the xemacs key bindings, but I'm too much of an
> emacs user to be happy with them as is.  So if I  can't get it to
> bring up an external editor, how do I modify the key bindings?

You'll need to have gnomecontrolcenter installed, then go to Html Viewer
& Editor, and change the Keyboard Shortcuts there.

> Also, does anybody know what X resource controls its background color?

No, but if you find out, please let the list know.

Joe