Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2006 17:52:18 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org, jhb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP system not running SMP

> Erm, ok.  Can you get the mptable output and a verbose dmesg with the SCSI
> card in the box and an i386 SMP kernel?

Possibly - booting the SMP kernel with the SCSI card in the box means
booting in safe mode though, or it just wont come up. I am remote to the
box currently, but here is the mptable output from it booted with a
non-SMP kernel if that helps ?

Will try and get the results from an SMP kernel at the weekend.

-pete.

MPTable

MP Floating Pointer Structure:

  location:                     BIOS
  physical address:             0x000ff780
  signature:                    '_MP_'
  length:                       16 bytes
  version:                      1.1
  checksum:                     0xf1
  mode:                         Virtual Wire

MP Config Table Header:

  physical address:             0x000fa300
  signature:                    'PCMP'
  base table length:            324
  version:                      1.1
  checksum:                     0xb0
  OEM ID:                       'MSI     '
  Product ID:                   'RHAPSODY    '
  OEM table pointer:            0x00000000
  OEM table size:               0
  entry count:                  32
  local APIC address:           0xfee00000
  extended table length:        0
  extended table checksum:      0

MP Config Base Table Entries:

--
Processors:     APIC ID Version State           Family  Model   Step    Flags
                 0       0x10    BSP, usable     15      5       1       0x78bfbff
                 1       0x10    AP, usable      15      5       1       0x78bfbff
--
Bus:            Bus ID  Type
                 0       PCI
                 1       PCI
                 2       PCI
                 3       PCI
                 4       ISA
--
I/O APICs:      APIC ID Version State           Address
                 2       0x11    usable          0xfec00000
                 3       0x11    usable          0xfebfe000
                 4       0x11    usable          0xfebff000
--
I/O Ints:       Type    Polarity    Trigger     Bus ID   IRQ    APIC ID PIN#
                ExtINT  active-hi        edge        4     0          2    0
                INT     active-hi        edge        4     1          2    1
                INT     active-hi        edge        4     0          2    2
                INT     active-hi        edge        4     3          2    3
                INT     active-hi        edge        4     4          2    4
                INT     active-hi        edge        4     6          2    6
                INT     active-hi        edge        4     7          2    7
                INT     active-hi        edge        4     8          2    8
                INT     active-hi        edge        4    12          2   12
                INT     active-hi        edge        4    13          2   13
                INT     active-hi        edge        4    14          2   14
                INT     active-hi        edge        4    15          2   15
                INT     active-lo       level        0   7:D          2   19
                INT     active-lo       level        3   0:D          2   19
                INT     active-lo       level        3   8:A          2   16
                INT     active-lo       level        3   6:A          2   18
                INT     active-lo       level        2   3:A          3    0
                INT     active-lo       level        1   1:A          4    0
                INT     active-lo       level        1   2:A          4    1
                INT     active-lo       level        1   2:B          4    2
--
Local Ints:     Type    Polarity    Trigger     Bus ID   IRQ    APIC ID PIN#
                ExtINT  active-hi        edge        0   0:A        255    0