Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 10:17:38 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Meerwaldt@t-online.de (Frederik Meerwaldt)
To:        Benny <hbenedict_fbsd@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: === FreeBSD 4.0 on Compaq Proliant 1600 ===

If only kernel.GENERIC is there, you should try a boot /kernel.GENERIC
It's not common that only the gerneric Kernel is there, but perhaps you
have deleted the kernel file, or something like that. If you have luck
with this, you can:

cp /kernel.GENERIC /kernel

and the loader should be happy again

HTH
--

Best regards,
	Freddy

Homepage: fmeerwaldt.homepage.com
Last update: 11.03.2000
Very good OpenVMS HowTo's, DHCPD Howto, VXT2k NetBooting HowTo, and a
little bit about me.
NetBSD Vax, Alpha, i386. Tru64 Unix, OpenVMS, FreeBSD, Ultrix.