Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:38:22 +1100
From:      paul van den bergen <pvandenbergen@swin.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SV24

hi.

what have you tried?

I haven't really had a lot of experience, but where I have had sucess it =
has=20
been by knowing exaclty what video card and monitor I have and what modes=
 and=20
frequency ranges they support.  some issues with meeces, never with keybo=
ard=20
(unless you consider using keycaps to activate meta keys... er... which I=
=20
don't think I got working anyway, so forget I said anything)

BTW, this is all through /stand/sysinstall, post configure, Xfree86 and t=
hen=20
do desktop and select your windows manager. (In my case, KDE, but YMMV).

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:06 am, Andy wrote:
> Help,
>
> I have 2 SV24's from spacewalker that I can't get Xfree86 to work on. I
> can get everything else working but not the GUI.
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Please reply to ajrobertsx@yahoo.com
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Andy

--=20
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
caia.swin.edu.au
pvandenbergen@swin.edu.au
IM:bulwynkl2002
would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?