Date:      Wed, 03 Sep 2008 13:36:00 +0100
From:      "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, eugen@kuzbass.ru, jlin2918@yahoo.com
Subject:   Re: Quagga OSPF binds to wrong interface on FreeBSD 7

Bruce M. Simpson wrote:

>    I understand that this situation has dragged on for some 18 months
> since changes went into 7.x. I'm sorry to hear about the problems
> you're having. I can't speak for Quagga as I haven't worked on it in
> many years, nor can I speak for the Quagga patch.

I looked at the sockopt.c.diff patch briefly last night on my free time.
It is a quick and dirty bandaid by the looks of it which just munges the
socket options. It may "work for you", I haven't tested it as I don't
run Quagga.

BTW: The RFC 1724 hack was never actually documented, so code which
relies on it is buggy and needs to be fixed. I published a patch for
routed here nearly 18 months ago, which is probably where Quagga picked
up the hack from.