Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2001 12:29:53 -0700
From:      Matt Meola <mmeola@uswest.com>
To:        Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: evolution-0.9

> On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 06:48:29AM -0700, Matt Meola wrote:
> > OK, chalk me up as another user for whom evolution hangs at the splas=
> > screen...
> =

> I believe, though haven't yet tested it, that the various updates
> for GNOME 1.4 (in particular gnomevfs) should fix this.

OK, I'll try cleaning up and rebuilding after I CVSUP tonight...

Provided, of course, that the changes have been committed...

> If you can provide any kind of debugging from truss, ktrace etc., that
> may help in determining at least where it is hanging.

OK, I'll see what I can do.

> > So, considering that, has anyone tried to run the Linux RPM's?
> =

> Only on a Linux box.  Making a linux-gnome port would be, umm,
> interesting :)

:-)  Of that, I have no doubt -- I was just wondering how difficult it
might be.  Mozilla in the form of the recent Linux nightlies is rather
good.

-- =

Matt Meola
AF=D8D