Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 22:46:35 -0800
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   ep0 Not Working

I recently updated the 4-STABLE on my DELL XPi 133ST. Since the
upgrade, I seem to have some pretty odd ep0 breakage.

The pccardd messages identifying the card, a 3C589D, look good, the
same as they always have. The ifconfig(8) command gives good output
and says the card has the right IP.

Now I am going to boot up my notebook... sio2, irq 10 (no conflicts),
properly ID'ed, looks good. ifconfig on the notebook looks fine, link
light is up, and lights flash when you expect activity. I turn on
tcpdump and I try to ping the machine. Out of a few dozen ARP queries
that go out, the tcpdump catches two, but no replies get back.

The only strange thing I've noted in the diagnostic output on the
notebook is in the routing table. It's network has a gateway listed
as 'link#3' which does not look right. When I try to ping out from the
notebook, total silence.

Not sure what else to do. Everything seems to look OK, but nothing
is working. It used to work.